Office of Public Health Preparedness
The Office of Public Health Preparedness’ mission is grounded in the overarching mission and goals of the Boston Public Health Commission, which includes a focus on health equity and serving all Boston residents, particularly the most vulnerable. The mission of the Office of Public Health Preparedness is to enhance community, public health, and healthcare system resilience in order to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies that impact health and access to healthcare.
The Office of Public Health Preparedness envisions a resilient Boston through healthy, informed, and connected communities that are supported every day and during emergencies by strong, integrated public health and healthcare systems. To that end, we have dedicated goals we continuously strive to achieve.
- Increase BPHC’s capacity to manage small- and large-scale incidents impacting BPHC operations.
- Respond to emergencies impacting the health of the City.
- Increase City of Boston’s ability to achieve optimum health after disasters
- Strengthen the community resilience of Boston.
- Improve OPHP’s infrastructure to maximize efficiency and promote innovation.