LGBTQ Employee Resource Group
City of Boston employees are transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and questioning. They represent every race, gender, and religion, as well as all ages and abilities.
Our group believes that City government should be a welcoming workplace for all LGBTQ people. We want all LGBTQ employees to feel included and accepted.
Have questions, or are you a City employee interested in joining? Please contact:
About the group
Our group strives to:
- foster community and networking among the City’s diverse LGBTQ employees
- provide LGBTQ workers chances to grow in their professional lives
- develop ways for LGBTQ employees to celebrate their identities and experiences, and
- create inclusion and acceptance in the City around LGBTQ issues.
- We meet once a month. All active employees of the City of Boston and its associated quasi-public agencies are eligible. These agencies include the Boston Planning & Development Agency and the Boston Public Health Commission.
- To join, contact Andrew Blonairz. We’ll also add you to our membership list if you sign in at a membership meeting.
- All members can lead member teams, become candidates for elected office, and vote in our elections.
- The ERG secretary keeps an updated list of names and contact information of all members. We share a Google spreadsheet with this information to our members.
- If you wish to remain anonymous, we will not add you to the membership list. The secretary will work with you to find the best way to keep you notified of group activities.