The Office of Early Childhood is committed to universal, affordable, high-quality early education and care for all infants, toddlers, and children under five.
Our main goals are to expand access to high-quality early education and childcare programs, invest in Boston’s early education and care workforce, and serve as a central point-of-entry for residents looking for information on early education and childcare programming, and wraparound services for young children and their families.
Our office will address the needs highlighted in Boston’s 2021 Childcare Census Survey report.
1 City Hall Square
Boston, MA 02201
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Expanding high-quality, affordable early education and childcare options for infants and toddlers.
- Accelerating the creation of a universal pre-K system that stretches across Boston Public Schools, community-based organizations, and family-based childcare programs.
- Investing in the early education and childcare workforce by building sustainable career pathways for educators.
- Creating a one-stop shop for enrollment and access to early education and childcare programs by building an accessible, multilingual portal
- Coordinating outreach and information related to both City-run and community-led programs that impact the lives of young children and their families.
Steps Taken to Increase Availability, Variety of Preschool Seats for Boston Families
Partnership with New England Conservatory Secures $14.5 Million to Expand Musical Education for Boston Students
Awards of $7,000,000 in ARPA Funding to Grow Early Childhood Workforce