Community Garden Food Waste Drop-off
This program offers residents a place to compost their food scraps. It also gives community gardens access to compost that they need to grow food and other plants. The new drop-off locations will be announced in June 2023!
The City is currently recruiting community gardens to participate in the second season. Submit an application for your garden or urban agriculture project below, and read on to learn more.
How To Participate
- Use the link below to apply to host a food waste drop-off site by May 1, 2023. If you have any questions, register to attend our info session before applying by clicking the hyperlinks below. Info Sessions: Thursday 4/13 (7:00-8:30pm) Saturday 4/22 (4:00-5:30pm)
- Meet fellow gardeners who are also participating in the Community Garden Food Waste Drop-off program!
- All participating community gardens will receive tools, training, and support to compost food waste.
- Gardeners will report data each week, and receive rewards for their garden.
- Check back here in June for a map of community gardens that accept food waste drop-offs. Read on to learn about what you will be able to compost at your local community garden.
- No need to wait until June to start composting your food waste! Visit out Project Oscar page to find your local Project Oscar bin, and learn how to start composting your food waste in Boston.