Summer Activities in July
It continues to be a difficult year for many. Between demoralizing national and global events, rising inflation, and kids home from school for the summer, the cumulative stress can make the idea of going out challenging or even overwhelming. However, planning activities and exploring your community can serve as an excellent form of self-care for coping with stress, and many activities we are sharing today come at no cost! The act of learning something new, experiencing something like live music, or starting a fitness routine can help improve your well-being considerably.
Listed below are different summer events and activities to consider:
- Boston Central offers this set of ideas and events to consider for the summer season in the Boston area.
- Boston Calendar lists a calendar of free local events for the month of July and beyond.
- Every year, the Boston Department of Parks and Recreation offers their free summer fitness series, click here to check out the calendar.
- Be sure to check out the Boston Center for Youth and Families Aquatics Programs as well, which include swimming programming for kids and adults alike!
- The Boston Public Library is sharing this list of summer reading for adults focusing on exploring your neighborhood!
- The Museum of Science has summer specific programing at their planetarium every Thursday, click this link to read more
- WBUR shares this guide to striking new summer art installations in Boston.
From all of us at the Employee Assistance Program, have a good and safe summer.
- Last updated:
- Published by: Human Resources